Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Brioche, sprouting wheat and Mother's day treats

I'm bubbling over today with enthusiasm for bakery progress.
I will only pause for a moment here to say that there will be a big bread distribution on Saturday as Fridays have an alternative agenda this week. I'm working on my first recipe of croissants in decades and I have a supply of Whittaker deep chocolate to make a few pain au chocolate for mother's day. My neighbor, Margo, had a swoon long ago about a Sunday morning delivery of chocolate croissants. I have let the ideas ruminate. I am ready for the apron.

I'm not going to boast the availability, just yet- as that could jinx the process.

I'm off to get a slab of wood to turn the doughs on and to take the camera to the canon place, it got dropped (sniffle) I think it's just the lens, but it hinders my documentation on this site, so it must get my attention today.

I am sprouting some Konini wheat- a New Zealand purple variety. I have a hunch that sprouting the wheat liberates more nutrients. If you know anything about the hows and whys, I'm all ears...

Sprouting the wheat and grinding it in the mortar and pestle unleashes some enzymes that make the wild yeast of the sourdough have a lot more vim and vigor, that, I do know. I'll leave this bread geek talk for now. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment